Value Added Services
For OMAG Plan participants the following Value-Added Services are offered for free.
- Lexipol - OMAG offers all Liability Plan members access to the Lexipol online police training and policy management system.
- LocalGovU - Online CLEET approved training aids small departments in meeting continuing education requirements.
- On-Site Virtual Use-Of-Force Simulator - Utilizing modified pistols, Tasers, and other police issue defensive tools, our Virtual Use-Of-Force Simulator allows our Law Enforcement specialists to view real-world scenarios to prepare for live-fire situations.
- OSU Precision Drivers Training - OMAG will pay for attendance and hotel costs of Police Department staff to attend the Precision Drivers Training class at OSU-OKC.
- Police Body Camera Matching Grant - OMAG is purchasing body cameras for qualifying police departments and providing assistance in standing up services. These new systems protect law enforcement, citizens, and help reduce liability.
- GPS Tracking Services for Police Departments - OMAG will purchase equipment and the first year of service for GPS Dongles and monitoring for patrol cars through our partner, U.S. Fleet Tracking. This service allows police chiefs the opportunity to see Cruiser maintenance status, review adherence to jurisdictions, and be alerted in real-time via text message in the event of a high-speed pursuit,
- OACP Accreditation Grants - OMAG will assist with police department accreditation through the Oklahoma Association of Chiefs of Police.
- Training Video Checkout - In addition to our growing collection of online videos, OMAG maintains an extensive library of DVDs with a focus on Law Enforcement. Visit the DVD Training Library and to request we loan a video to you. We'll even mail it to you for free!
- Sanitary Sewer Backflow Prevention Remediation - Sanitary Sewer Overflow Remediation program, including grants for equipment purchase.
- Sanitary Sewer Camera Inspection Grant - Public Works departments with overflow risks can qualify for an inspection and audit of their system in an attempt to prevent overflows.
- On-site Loss Control Assessments - After conducting a walk-through of your city facilities and/or public playgrounds, we'll make recommendations to reduce potential safety and liability hazards.
- Defensive Driving Safety Course - We'll pay for City drivers to attend a 1-day driving course in Oklahoma City, a $125 value.
- Municipal Natural Gas Audits - Cities with Municipally owned Natural Gas distribution systems can qualify for a free audit for safety equipment, best practices, and standards.
- Municipal Natural Gas Equipment Remediation Grants (Coming Soon!) - In our ongoing efforts to audit municipal gas distribution systems, we have seen the need to help prevent hazards and mitigate threats to security and security of our Municipalities' Citizens.
- Safety Equipment Matching Grants - Equipment such as work zone signage, confined space entry equipment, gas meters, and others are offered as a 1:1 Matching Grant by OMAG.
- Training Video Checkout - In addition to our growing collection of online videos, OMAG maintains an extensive library of DVDs on maintenance, construction, and equipment use best practices. Visit the DVD Training Library and to request we loan a video to you. We'll even mail it to you for free!
- LocalGovU - Human Resources and Legal Best Practices, Training, and other Training.
- On-Site Management and Professional Development Training - Our Risk Management team will be happy to schedule on-site training for Human Resources, Professional Development, and Supervisory Training. Please contact Pam Spinks to schedule a free class at your City. We offer the following programs:
- Supervisor Improvement Program
- Professional Conduct (Preventing Harassment)
- Employment Laws
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Performance Evaluations
- Policy Review:
- Review of personnel handbooks & policies - Our in-house counsel will review policies for compliance with federal and state law.
- Review of potential adverse personnel actions - Our in-house counsel will review potential adverse personnel actions (demotion, suspension or termination) for compliance with federal and state law.
- Employment Law Checklist - Before taking adverse personnel actions, download this list of items to consider and work directly with our in-house counsel on any questions or concerns.
Sponsorships, Scholarships, and Partnerships
- Scholarships to the Oklahoma Municipal Clerks, Treasurers, & Finance Officers Annual conference
- Scholarships to the Oklahoma Municipal League (OML) Annual Conference.
- Scholarships to the City Managers Association of Oklahoma (CMAO) Annual Conference.
Note: City Staff must apply to OMAG for scholarships to the above conferences. To apply, please click here to contact OMAG Member Services and request consideration.